Saturday, November 1, 2008

Baby Missie

So I guess I will post about my daughter Missie (Mittie Moo)! Yes she is a ferret and she is so cute. We have a little bit of a problem with our missie, she has a GI bleed. Apparently ferrets are just as prone to ulcers as us humans and they get Helobactor and this causes the GI bleed. We ended up at the vet on 10/31 and he started her on the all to familiar regimen. Pepto Bismol, Carafate, Amoxicillin and Flagyl. This time he also decided to add some prendisone into the mix. We also have to syringe feed her 3 times a day. It is such a wonderful time when you have to nurse your ferret back to health. She does pretty good with the food but she absolutely hates the medicine. Especially the flagyl. Apparently flagyl has a horrible after-taste, even if we mix it with pina-colada she has a horrible time. She has such a nervous attack that she pees herself, well actually it isn't herself she pees it is me. So by the time we are done with the regimen I am covered with ferret food, flagyl, pepto bismol and piss. Great Fun! The stuff we will do for the one's we love.

2 comments:

Kate said...

sounds like you're ready to work on the human kid thing... They seem to take medicine just the same way. You might get to avoid the pee a little bit better though. I saw you hold baby Cody. You're a natural ;)

Higley's said...

BreAwn! I am so excited to see your blog up and running! I am so sorry about your little ferret! You are such a great mommy! Good luck with the flagyl and pee!